Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 30, 2009

Muffin Cookies

No, this is not a great new recipe that I think everyone needs to try.
This is the result of letting your kids help you bake cookies.
I do homeschool after all and baking is one of the easiest ways to help break up a long afternoon and let it still be considered educational.
Of course we were out of chocolate chips, but i did have some butterscotch ones. YUM.
So we just followed the normal recipe. I gave both girls their own big bowls, to help with the fighting of who gets to pour or measure next. I had the brilliant idea to make two batches and that would help us not miss or count any extra measurements.
It didn't help.
Somewhere along the line someone counted either too many cups of flour or too many teaspoons of baking powder.
Hence the title, Muffin Cookies!
They might not have tasted that great, (chewy, gooey, flat)
but we sure had fun, and the girls think they were a success. Even when late last night my husband asked the girls if he could have another one of those muffins!

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Somehow, the knowledge that you made it yourself can get you past the end result not being perfect. Loved that about those first baking experiences.
...Wish I could extend myself the same grace today. *sigh*

Such The Spot said...

Oops. Oh well. At least you all had fun right? ;)