Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Road Trip

Me and the girls took a small road trip this weekend.

It was small in the sense that we only stayed one quick night at our destination, but the driving part was not small at all.

I love road trips with my girls.

For some reason my oldest and I have always had great conversations in the car. I guess having to keep our eyes on the road and the never ending drive seems to let us just talk and talk. Before we know it we're talking about important and sometimes awkward or embarrassing topics.

We also listen to tons of music. Everything from Classical to Country and Christian to Hip Hop.
(Hip Hop/Rap/Gangsta...? I have no idea)

When we get really bored we play a game with the music.

My daughter puts 6 random CD's in and we take turns picking a number from 1 to 6, and then another number from 1 to 12. (or however many a CD has on it)
and then that is the song we listen to.
It never fails to turn out funny or even special as to that particular song totally being about that person.

We had been playing this game for awhile on our trip and everyone was getting bored of it so we decided to stop. My oldest daughter had one turn left so she started fumbling around with the CD's and I think she was trying to put a different one in.
She was basically cheating, by knowing what CD it was and what song she was picking.

And the song?

Best day by Taylor Swift

If you know this song you'll know I was crying my eyes out. I felt like this had been one of the best days ever with my girls. But the fact that my daughter must have also been feeling that........well, words just can't describe.

Go listen to that song if you don't know it. It will remind you of your kids or maybe even your own Mom............

5 comments:

Sandra Burns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Burns said...

Sweet! When you are the "Mom" you just have to rejoice on these days because they remind you why you took the job.

Loved this one, thanks for sharing.

Karen Hossink said...

Love it. Love it! LOVE IT!!!
What a wonderful memory, and how sweet that she picked that song. *big grin*

Gretchen said...

My dtr and I are close, but going thru some bumps right now. So nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel (friendship) and get an idea of a great song to share.

What a fantastic time.

Unknown said...

What a coincidence! I just had a good day with my 16-year-old daughter yesterday too! And though we get along great for the most part any how, those days are indeed unique and precious. Thanks for sharing this video. I'm going to post it on my blog tomorrow (Friday). Blessings to you and your daughters!