Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm a little bit country

I was watching the CMA's last night with my oldest daughter.
She loves country music and has totally turned me, and now her Dad, onto it.

Can I just say Carrie Underwood's song....'Temporary home', made me cry. From her dress, to her own tears, the flower petals falling to the ground, and the words of that song. It was just a beautiful moment. And then at the end she quietly mouths Thank you Jesus. I just lost it.
Then she accepts her award and who does she thank? Not just Jesus, but her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To have the privilege of being able to thank Jesus in front of that many people/peers and call Him your Lord and Savior, what a moment. 
I can only hope I would be so brave.

I just thought she deserved a shout out this morning. It was really beautiful.

2 comments:

Sandra Burns said...

Amen! (not a country fan) I think Carrie is great, though. My husband always says of Carrie and some other artists, "Sometimes God just dumps all the good stuff into one person."

Gretchen said...

Don't you just love it when you see young celebrities--or any celebrities, for that matter--giving credit where credit's due?